Sift together dry ingredients in large bowl. In separate bowl
whisk together wet ingredients till blended. Pour into dry
ingredients and whisk together just till flour is mixed in. Do
not overbeat; batter should have small lumps.
Pour about ¼ cup/60 mL batter onto medium-hot griddle or
skillet. When bottom is golden brown, and the top is bubbly but
still wet, flip once.
Top with warm Apple Compote and serve immediately.
Sauté apples in the mixture of butter, brown
sugar, cinnamon and apple cider until tender. Serve
- Makes about 8 (4 inch diameter) pancakes.
- These also taste great with butter and syrup!
- For plain pancakes, omit cinnamon and ginger, and replace
honey with 1 tbl/15 mL white sugar.
- Use a non-stick griddle or skillet for best results.
- If pancakes are burning before the top is bubbly, you
need to turn down the temperature of your griddle.